The life of Addison Congregational Church is expressed by our mission, which flows out of our core beliefs, colored by strongly held values.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible, consisting of both the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, inerrant, infallible and authoritative Word of God written.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death by His shed blood, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that in order for lost and sinful man to be saved, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe that it is the present ministry of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling power and fullness that enables the Christian to live a godly life in this present fallen and evil world.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead. The believer will be raised to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and the unbeliever to judgment and eternal separation from God.
- We believe that the church is made up of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is Lord and Head.
- We believe that sacraments are the outward signs of an inner faith that unites the body of Christ in its ministry and its mission. Baptism and communion are the two sacraments instituted by Christ in the New Testament.
- Baptism is the outward sign of entrance into the body of Christ. We respect the family who desires infant baptism. Through infant baptism, we recognize the family’s commitment to raise a child in the worship and teaching of the Christian church until the child reaches a point where they are prepared to personally confirm his or her faith in Jesus Christ. We recognize that baptism, in and of itself, does not bring salvation.
- Communion is the breaking of bread and the pouring of the cup in remembrance of the broken body and shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. We celebrate open communion, which means that all who follow Christ are welcome at his table.
- Meaningful worship for all age groups
- Solid education in the Scripture and Essentials of the Faith
- Warm, caring and genuine Christian fellowship
- The spread of the gospel around the world, and showing the love of Christ to our neighbors throughout the intersection of Jackson, Lenawee, and Hillsdale counties